Sunday, December 25, 2005

Christmas Day

I spent Christmas day with my mom and family in Sacramento (at my brother Russ' house). Below is a picture of my mom (Diane) in her new scarf (knitted by Kristin) by the Christmas tree and then me holding baby Dylan. Dylan was in pretty good spirits and slept most of the day, but when he was awake I was able to hold him for awhile without him getting too upset.



Russ went a little overboard with the presents by his own admission, but I would probably have done the same things in his position (as last year Brandon was not old enough to really understand Christmas and what was happening). Since Russ and Cindy took a lot of pictures, I decided to only take a few of the bigger items...


The first is a plastic kitchen, with a stove and BBQ grill that makes cooking noises and light up when pressed to start. There is also a coffee maker, sink, microwave - not to mention plastic food and serving utensils. Brandon kept cooking stuff all day for everyone.

Then there was the last gift he opened which was a riding John Deer tractor and wagon. Brandon was not sure how to make it go, but he liked it as even looked under the hood with dad.


This final picture is of me and momma standing by the tree holding her new scarf. It really looked good on her, even if it did not match the red holiday sweater she had on.


As I went to leave I decided to take one last picture of the moving reindeer that Russ had placed around his lawn. They looked a little eery to me with their skeleton figures, but they moved and appeared to be eating the grass and moving their heads. Very festive and Russ style!


Overall it was a very nice morning and afternoon!! Cindy's family was there and we have a great breakfast together before opening all the gifts. The traffic was a little heavy heading home in the rain, but it was not too bad as I got home safe and sound. Just in time to stop by and say, "Hi" to the cats and take a little nap. All-in-all a very merry Christmas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home