Sunday, July 08, 2007

Fuller Foursome

With my brother Vern in from Oregon, and my dad staying close by to avoid the heat in Phoenix, it seemed a great time to do a little "Old School" golfing at Rancho Solano!!

This is me, Russ, Dad (Walt), & Vern

We had a great time playing the old course where we had many a hot summer round, back when we all lived in the area. Russ has only recently joined the golf group (having the good sense to not play the game until the last few years), and so it was a "Fuller Foursome" on the tee. Below is Russ and Vern as we started the back nine.

It was a nice day, not too hot and with a little breeze, but that didn't stop me from shooting a million (or a liberal 96). Vern took the informal tourney, after pops faded down the stretch. Dad started out well and was up at he turn, but a bad (for him) back nine, and Vern coming alive, was enough for Vern to win by 4.

Vern has a really nice swing - Here he strokes it down the middle while Dad and Russ look on.

"Yes... did you see where my ball went??"

Overall it was a great time, and it was good to catch up with everyone and I look forward to doing it again when I can be in the hunt.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I, being the one who shot in the 110 range had a blast and enjoyed getting caught up with my bros and pops. Verno doesnt think he will be back this summer but I look forward to chasing the white ball again with the two of you.
Russ Man

7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home